(Note the photo booths dialog, here are just 4 out of 10 videos)
1. Enjoy and be vulnerable but watch out for abuse ("Please take off your shirt... oooowi, put your shirt back on")
2. Don't Be Mean ("Neaner, neaner, neaner... you're not gonna get a photo")
3. Smile ("I am going to tickle you, kootchi, kootchi koo")
4. Trust but set boundaries ("Your liquid is affecting my booth")
5. Don't cheat, you will get caught ("Is your grandma in?")
6. Somebody's watching you ("Did you comb your hair")
7. Look your best (you can make stupid faces but let them know that is not you)
8. Have a sense of humor
9. Be careful what you say
10. If it's free and it's good to be true, there must be a catch
(Bonus) Also learned:
1. Tuck in your cleavage
2. Don't curse or use "the finger" ("Your son just gave me the finger")
3. Don't do illegal drugs ("Detecting marijuana")
4. Don't play favorites ("Send your other child out and keep your favorite")
5. It's okey to marry an immigrant (Say "Green Card")
6. Don't Lie ("Please bring in another person.... You think I am stupid")
7. Be sensitive ("You are touching my belly button.... please give me a hug")
8. Love your mom & dad
9. Don't hit or hurt ("Ouch")
10. Obey the rules ("I will call the authority")
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Remember e-mail was never heard of 20 years ago and now part of our lives, well here we are 10 years later we have new things our way that either gives us withdrawals when we don't have them.
Here are my 10 technology I never saw it coming 10 years ago that I may not live comfortably without:
1. iPod Touch - (acquired few months ago for my son) almost like an iPhone but it is how I connect with email and Facebook when I am outside. It's actually mainly for entertainment.
2. Smartphone - (don't have it) but my wife has a 3 year old Nokia that she checks her email, weather or business orders when we are away.
3. GPS (acquired 2005) . We won't be able to see the best of America without it from Coast to Coast we see the best of places to see and saves us time and gas money.
4. Laptop / Netbook (acquired 2005 & 2009). Anywhere we go it is a place or connection to the outside world. College, business and information follows me wherever I go.
5. Digital camera (acquired DLSR 2006) - living a legacy in terms of moments that my family can remember will be a priceless treasure 20 years from now.
6. Digital video camera (acquired 2004)
7. Facebook (member 2008. My connection to old friends and new ones. Like something and you get an answer from miles away. No need for school or family reunion - it's everyday reunion.
8. Google. Instant answer to all sort of questions.
9. Roku & HDTV (acquired 2010). Free streaming TV and $8.00 Netfllix saves me over $50 in cable bills.
10.Pandora (set up 2009). The family's favorite exercise is when we turn on the Black Eyed Peas channel.
1. Wii game station (Great family bonding time) and with Homebrew - games are unlimited
2. Terabyte external hard drive (for those free downloaded HD movies)
3. iGoogle (organizes my internet files)
4. 8 Gig Thumb Drives (who needs a disc)
5. Gorilla-pod & wireless remote (without it who can hold or shoot my camera to take a family picture together)
6. Wireless keyboard and Wireless mouse (my new TV remote to surf You Tube, or TV online)
7. Battery Charger (why throw away batteries when you can reuse them over and over)
8. Karaoke Microphone (our home party starter with 10, 000 songs and vocal exercise on the weekend. Saves a trip to karaoke bar)
9. DSL and Wireless Network box (how else can I constantly check emails, FB or type this blog anywhere at home)
10. HDTV Antenna (finally free form Cable bills. Free TV is good TV)
10.5: Free movies, software and games via Homebrew, Piratebay & Torrent. Nothing illegal, just smart way to get the latest by sharing.
10 Tech, 15 Years ago (old school now part of our lives):
1. Cell phone (how I courted my wife through texting in Spain to Philippines)
2. Email (how I send my love letters to my wife)
3. America Online (how I met my wife)
4. BBQ Gas Grill (how we bonded as family during the weekend)
5. P2P or Music Download (how I got rid of CD)
6. Personal Computer (this box is like the refrigerator or over 30 years ago, something is always cooking: files, games, music, connection, shopping, everything)
7. Internet Explorer (well it's now Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, but this one really takes us to another world...literally)
8. Microsoft Office (believe it or not, I learned grammar through MS Words checker as well as organized all my work. Excel is the bomb for all my forms, files and organization. Powerpoint does not only do presentation but collage and making messages look more presentable and high-techie)
9. Remote Control (TV, camera)10. Wireless phone (my initial phone was a pre-paid no contract. 2010, I am back to pre-paid saves me $$$)
Please share your 10 Technologies you can't live without it may save me some time, energy and improve my way of life in a small way or big way. (Tony Astro, July 22, 2010)