My Top 10 Things I spend time & money on that is worth it in 2014. From $5 to 5K
This year I enjoyed scoring deals that makes a good investment for my health and lifestyle from toiletries to summer vacation that became part of our daily life - without draining my wallet and credit card. I usually don’t pay or buy something unless it is at least 50% off the usual price. I negotiate for everything, there is no such thing as fixed price. Remember that many of these items have at least 75% mark up. Also checkout those hyperlinks to find out more.
Here are some things I recommend you buy, invest or score to keep your sanity in every aspect of your life from $5 to $5,000:
- Infusion Pitcher (Health)
- Antenna for my nightly news and other TV series (Information)
- Bidet (Household)
- Membership on Associations & Network (Business & Networking)
- Amazon Fire TV (Shows & Entertainment)
- Apps (Electronics & Productivity)
- Camera lens and good Tripod (Travel and Photography)
- Smart Phone (Communication, Productivity, Computer & Entertainment)
- A Smaller Home but near Nature and Everything (Home)
- 3 Weeks Family Vacation in Europe
In 2013 we drove (rent a car) and fly (Jet Blue) to Italy, Germany & Switzerland, last year 2014 we learned our lesson so we try the Eurail (Rail pass) we don't have to worry about parking and we just hop on hop off to great cities of 8 Countries in Europe for 3 weeks.
- Proper use of GPS
- Good Apps: Travel Advisor (ratings), AirBnB, Trivago or Hotels.com
- AAA membership for Triptic and free premium guidebooks
- Willingness to be flexible and have an adventurous spirit
- Savings, plan and at least 3 weeks on summer.
- Practice traveling on 3 day weekend out of the area.
These list is just a few that I think we “purchased” that is worthwhile and to show that you don’t have to spend a lot to gain a lot. Timing and proper use of reviews before you buy things are important. I am sure that many of you can add some things here and I would be thrilled to hear from you.